IT Support Analyst, Singapore
Permanent - Full Time
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
Withers KhattarWong LLP is amongst the largest international law firm in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents in 17 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves for our role in helping our clients achieve success.
We are looking for an experienced, technical and personable IT Support Analyst to support to all users within the APAC offices.
The ideal candidate will be able to empathise, adapt and have excellent analytical troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve problems methodically and logically. You will inspire confidence and be an excellent communicator at all levels, capable of dealing with people in a calm, effective and efficient manner. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional services environment, ideally in a law firm.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Perform technical support functions via phone, remote connection and desk side visits
- Log calls in the Service Desk management tool to ensure incidents and requests are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers. Incidents should be carried out within reasonable time scales and monitored to resolution
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process
- Build and support laptops, desktops, printers and remote devices such as iPhones
- Inform the Regional IT Service Desk Manager of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales
- Assist with user account management and administration i.e. new hires/leavers etc
- Administer IT asset inventories, ensuring records are kept fully up to date
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base
- Participate in IT projects, implementation and roll outs as required
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in a law firm or similar/professional environment
- Graduate or equivalent in a numerate subject
- Technical knowledge of supporting Windows 10 Professional in a networked environment
- Experience of working in a Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2003, 2010/13 suite including installing, configuring and support within a network environment
- Understanding of networking technologies (wired and wireless)
- Knowledge of remote working technologies – Citrix, VPN and DUO 2 factor Administration
- Mobile phone (iPhone) support and administration using MDM (Airwatch)
- Experience supporting VDI environments
- PC and Laptop configuration
- Configuration, analysis and diagnostics of PC, Printer and Laptop faults. Familiarity with HP PC hardware, Lenovo / HP Laptops, HP Laser printers and Canon multifunction devices
- Experienced supporting Video Conferencing Systems and Solutions
- Document Management System – iManage or similar
- Professional Services specific applications – Laser forms, Elite and InterAction
- Time Management/Recording - Elite or similar - desired but not essential
- Being ITIL V3/V4 certified is desirable
Personal qualities and approach
- Service oriented and collaborative approach. Able to work with a wide variety of users both technical and non-technical.
- Inspires confidence that issues raised will be resolved and stakeholder's expectations are effectively managed.
- Excellent communicator at all levels. Empathises with user frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, professional and effective manner
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve problems methodically and logically
- Strong written communication skills with a high standard of user training documentation and technical procedure writing skills
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and a calm and focused attitude.
- Must be a pro-active, team player but have the ability to work and focus on tasks independently of others. The individual will be required to manage major service outages and incidents in a calm, methodical and professional manner.
- Business hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm. However, given the nature and scope of the role, flexibility in availability is required.
- We provide 21 annual leave days per annum + an annual "Withers' Day"
- Participation in 24/7 on call rota (every 6 weeks)