Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax - Immigration
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This position will work within our Immigration practice where our team helps successful multinational private and public companies, entrepreneurs and start-ups, and individuals and families around the world. This role is responsible for assisting attorneys with servicing and communicating with their clients, with a particular focus on the review, preparation, filing, and monitoring of immigration matters and related support with the administration of immigration processes for both individuals and businesses. Contacts are frequently made with others inside and outside the firm include attorneys, professional staff, clients, government agencies, and other professionals.
- Effective communication and seamless legal support for attorneys and their clients.
- Produce accurate, high quality, and efficient work in a fast paced environment using the firm's software packages and document management systems.
- Evaluate cases, relay concerns, and proactively escalate to attorneys.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documents, forms, and letters utilizing web-based software and adapting resources when required to deviate from templates.
- Communicate and follow-up with attorneys, clients, and government agencies to ensure delivery and receipt of materials, and to monitor timelines and case status.
- Schedule and calendar meetings and prepare and distribute relevant materials.
- Conduct research to obtain information such as, but not limited to, industry or company information, wage data, or processing procedures and timelines.
- Administrative duties, including file organization, scanning, e-filing, billing, engagement letter preparation, and file maintenance.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as an immigration paralegal, preferably in a law firm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and tight deadlines.
- Focused team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with document management systems is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to take direction, work independently, multitask, and achieve what may be extremely short deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.