Permanent - Full Time
Job title: HR Assistant
Reports to: HR Managers
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and capable HR Assistant to provide administrative and advisory generalist HR support primarily to a number of our Legal and Business Services divisions.
The HR team works collaboratively to support the business in a business partner model. You will have a varied and exciting role providing essential support to a number of our teams in the EU and those on international assignment, as well as across the wider generalist HR team. The varied nature of this role means that as well as providing key administrative support, you will also have a business facing role requiring you to liaise and build key relationships across the firm.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Working alongside the HR Advisors and HR Managers acting as a point of contact for HR queries from a number of Legal and Business Services teams.
- Responsible for generating correspondence relating to contract changes, probation extensions, sickness absence, disciplinary and, grievance matters, performance management and flexible working letters.
- Responsible for the leaver process for staff, including the preparation of paperwork, undertaking exit interviews where appropriate, coordinating the analysis of online exit interview data and providing feedback to line managers where necessary.
- Responsible for the parental leave processes (maternity/paternity/shared parental leave) including the preparation of paperwork, liaising with departing/returning employees, preparing the employee return to work inductions.
- Assisting the HR Advisor with the administration of the Trainee Programme, including processing on boarding paperwork, appraisals, seat rotations and the qualification process.
- Assisting the Senior HR Manager with international assignments including liaising with relocation agents, booking flights, arranging accommodation and drafting secondment terms.
- Provide note taking support at performance management and employee relations meetings as and when required.
- Assisting the HR Advisor and HR Managers in the preparation and coordination of the annual salary review process for our EU and international offices.
- Inputting into the monthly payroll submissions including accurately capturing and processing payroll changes for the Legal and Business Services teams.
- Acting as a point of contact for queries coming in to the HR Helpdesk and effectively liaising with team members and the business to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Assisting with the preparation of the HR budget in the annual business planning process.
- Ad hoc project work – including policy writing, updating the precedent bank, research, updating current systems/procedures, assisting with our HR database, e-filing and archiving.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High service delivery standards in every respect and the ability to win the confidence and respect of others
- Exceptional attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Use of initiative in day to day tasks to ensure efficient ways of working
- Proactive management of your own workload, the ability to prioritise, adapt to changing deadlines and to work under pressure
- Methodical and flexible approach
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- The ideal candidate will have HR administration experience within a professional services organisation
- Highly PC literate with strong systems skills
- Must have excellent Excel skills
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility will be needed during busy periods
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café and more
About the HR team at Withersworldwide
The HR department at Withers has a complement of 18 HR professionals based in the London office, 9 in the US, 1 in Geneva, 7 in Asia and 2 remote workers who support the global HR function. The department works with its global divisions on a business partner basis.
The HR team is a hardworking and committed one and is closely integrated to deliver a valued service to the business. Our HR team enjoy the unique culture that Withers has to offer. We are proud to have won HR team of the year in 2019 at the HR in Law awards.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.