Apprentice Administration Assistant - Finance
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Apprentice Administration Assistant
Reporting to: European Financial Controller and the Revenue Control Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an efficient and methodical individual to provide general administrative support to the firm's Finance department. This role would suit an enthusiastic and pro-active person, who is keen to learn and develop their administration experience in a top international law firm. You will ideally be educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent) including Maths and English, and you will have a positive, can-do attitude.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- General administration support to the finance department
- Assist with the monthly billing process
- Posting 3rd party supplier invoices as well as monthly reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Input information into Excel spreadsheets
- Prepare, schedule and archive files using Filesite system
- Use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases
- Order and maintain stationery and equipment
- Arrange meetings, produce agendas and book meeting rooms
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and attributes
- Interested in working in finance
- Educated to minimum GCSE standard – grade C or above, including Maths
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage self and prioritise workload effectively, with the ability to multi-task
- Organised and accurate with a high level of attention to detail
- Computer literate with good knowledge of excel
- Comfortable working with figures
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible attitude, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Commitment to support others
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good work ethic
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility may be required during busy periods
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café.
About Withers Worldwide
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.