Human Resources Assistant
Permanent - Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain all paper and electronic files, including the HR Workspace and filing structure in File Site.
- Enter, update, and audit data relative to the HRIS, time and attendance, benefit, recruiting, and learning and development databases.
- Generate and circulate new hire/leaver/change forms.
- Prepare new hire and departure packets; schedule new hire orientation and exit meetings; process employment related documents.
- Assist with the processing of payroll.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual performance and mid-year appraisal processes.
- Support the coordination and scheduling of firm events including annual flu shots, holiday party, summer outing, and other social functions.
- Perform administrative tasks for the department which includes generating check requests and expense reports, shredding of confidential documents, filing, scanning, and photocopying.
- Generate standing and ad-hoc reports.
- Provide back-up support to other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree, with prior work experience in a professional environment preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Polished and professional communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to interact with all levels within the Firm.
- Team player who is committed to client service.
- Ability to multitask and balance competing demands.
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality, exercising discretion, and following firm protocols regarding information security.