Senior Legal Executive / Paralegal (Real Estate)
Permanent - Full Time
Business - Real Estate
Job title: Senior Legal Executive / Paralegal
Practice Group: Real Estate
Location: Hong Kong
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an experienced paralegal to join the Withers Hong Kong's Real Estate team. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- providing support to the real estate department and handling a full range of conveyancing matters, property-related commercial transactions and tenancy agreements from commencement to completion of transactions independently with minimum supervision
- Handling sale and purchase of first-hand and second-hand properties including drafting and negotiation of conveyancing documents, agreements, mortgage and refinancing documents, title document review and preparing completion documents
- Handling sale and purchase of shares of property holding companies and drafting of agreements and completion documents
- Handling tenancy files and reviewing lease documents
- Attending to administrative procedures relating to property and tenancy related transactions (e.g., opening and closing of files, conducting searches, correspondences with clients)
- Basic advice to client regarding stamp duty and property/share transaction and attending to stamping and registration of instruments
- Monitoring of files ensuring deadlines are met and paperwork is processed, filed and kept up-to-date
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a law firm
- Conveyancing experience and experience in property-related commercial transactions in a similar role is a must
- Proficient in PC skills (e.g. Word, Excel & etc.) and Chinese Word Processing
Personal qualities and approach
Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal environment for a few years, with the ability to use your initiative to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the team. To excel in the role you will need:
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and balance competing demands;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player; and
- Fluency in English and Chinese, both spoken and written, is essential.
- Working hours: 9.30am to 6.00pm but flexibility is a must
- 3 month probation period
- 4 weeks' notice period
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 42% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.