Senior Conveyancing Executive, Legal Secretary
Permanent - Full Time
Business - Real Estate
Job title: Senior Conveyancing Executive, Legal Secretary
Reports to: Partner (Real Estate team), Business Division
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
We offer a full range of legal services to corporations, institutions and successful individuals, including some of the biggest companies and leading families in Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified to practice in a wide range of key jurisdictions including Singapore, Australia, British Virgin Islands, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, UK and US.
Our clients include 80% of major international and regional insurance companies in Singapore, 70% of major banks based here, funds, Fortune 500 companies, publicly listed and private companies as well as a significant proportion of successful individuals and family members in the Forbes Asia’s Richest Families list.
This is a hybrid role, with the incumbent being responsible for legal secretarial duties for the team as well as managing conveyancing files. To be successful in this role, you will be highly proficient in handling conveyancing transactions (commercial, private and HDB) including sale and purchase of completed properties, redemption, mortgages and refinancing.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide executive support to a small team of real estate/banking lawyers in conveyancing and banking work
- Run retail conveyancing files independently (with conveyancing support team)
- Assisting clients in their application for CPF
- Manage calendars, meetings and appointments (for conveyancing matters)
- Drafting SLA instruments, E-lodgement, E-stamping, preparation of ACRA charges and lodgement
- Carrying out / coordinating with the firm's search team to conduct title searches, ACRA searches, and extracting ACRA documents
- Handle incoming calls, correspondences and confidential documents
- Assisting on post-completion work, including sending / return of title deeds, file closing and billing
- Creating and maintaining document and correspondence database
- Working within a team to support our lawyers with their day to day support and coverage as well as attending to client requirements
- General ad hoc tasks as and when required by the lawyers as well as support to other secretarial teams to ensure seamless administrative cover amongst the fee earning groups
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience in an established corporate real estate practice is essential
- Enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service
- You will have excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- You will of course be organised, conscientious and are highly detail-oriented
- Technically competent, but more importantly you will have the ability to use your initiative to adapt, and think laterally
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and goal focussed, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- Fluency in both spoken and written English, as well as having Mandarin speaking skills
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm however given the busy nature of the team, flexibility in availability is required
- This role directly reports into the partner for the Real Estate team, as well as having additional reporting lines to other partners and associates within the team and Division, depending on workflow
- From time to time, the incumbent may be required to support other teams or divisions, and will have the opportunity to be involved in our wider firm social & cultural activities. We think this is a great thing!
- Three month probation period
- 21 days annual leave + 1 "Withers' Day"
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.