IT Trainer (Los Angeles or San Diego)
Permanent - Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic trainer to educate and support the business, providing excellent IT training activities to all Withers partners and staff. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with and influence a wide range of people including partners, directors, secretaries, business support teams, project managers and IT staff.
A high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. You must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business. As an experienced, technical and personable IT Trainer, from a professional services or legal background, you will be highly confident in supporting all users within the global firm.
Working as part of our Global IT Service Delivery Team, your primary work base will be the London office, but travel may be required. The chosen candidate will report to the IT Training Manager (based in London) and work closely with them and the global team, to assist with delivery of the firm's strategy and expectations. You will be working alongside 3 other Trainers (based in London, Singapore and New Haven, CT, USA), and 2 Trainers/Support Analysts (based Milan and Hong Kong).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Deliver training in classroom, remotely and at desk side. Either in structured classes, team meetings or one-on-ones. Floor-walk on a regular basis to provide ‘at desk’ training assistance.
- Maintain the LMS, containing all training hand-outs, eLearning and course schedule.
- Deliver the LTC4 Programme, Learning Plans and Knowledge Check for all staff globally.
- Build and maintain relationships within teams to promote IT Training, ensuring knowledge and awareness and business challenges through workshops, days in teams, surveys and gap analysis.
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current firm-supported and future technologies to provide training to end-users.
- Design new training courses and assist with the preparation and maintenance of IT Training related materials and documentation.
- Assist with advertisement of courses, scheduling delegates and monitoring attendance of courses.
- Work to a Global IT Training schedule.
- Assist with the creation of customised "Personal IT Development Plans" for members of staff at all levels of the firm.
- Induction training for new Partners and staff.
- Assist the Service Desk and Systems teams with any queries as required.
- Assist with Service Desk cover during busy periods.
- Assist the IT Training Manager and Head of Service Delivery with additional responsibilities as requested.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications and competencies
Experience of the following applications is essential to this role:
- Microsoft Office applications from Office 2013 to Office 365 - Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- MS Teams
- Adobe Reader and Acrobat
- BigHand Digital Dictation
- Client Relationship Manager - InterAction or similar
- Captivate / Camtasia - eLearning
- Time Recording and Billing - Elite Webview/Elite 3E or similar
- iManage – FileSite and Desksite (Including EMM E-Mail Management)
- iPhone device and applications (iManage, BigHand, SmartTime, Skype for Business, Avaya, Airwatch)
- Skype for Business
- Windows 8 / 10
The following are key to this role:
- ITIL Foundation
- TAP (or equivalent ) qualified
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) or Microsoft Office Specialist Master Instructor
- Remote Training (via GoToMeeting or similar)
- Project Management experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a law firm or similar professional environment
- Inspires confidence
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to working hours during upgrades and other ad hoc duties carried out by IT
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Smart and professional manner
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must. We would be open to considering alternative work hours.
- 12 week probation period
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 42% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.