Paralegal (Trust/Estate Administration)
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This position will work within our Trust/Estate Administration Department, with responsibilities related to the management of complex probate, conservatorship and trust administrations, requiring a particular focus on tax returns, trust administrations and accounting preparation. The role requires frequent contact with others inside and outside the firm including immediate partners, associates, supervisor, members of other departments or other offices, clients, accountants, appraisers, and other professionals.
- Responsible for all aspects of estate and trust administration in highly sophisticated environment
- Inventory and valuation of assets, retitling and distribution of assets
- Preparation of Federal estate tax returns
- Analysis of estate, gift, income and property tax issues
- Responsible for trust funding and continuing administration of trusts
- Preparation of documentation to transfer title to assets and provide for distributions to trust beneficiaries, including deeds, assignments, receipts and releases
- Preparation of probate and court documents
- Preparation and review of court filed fiduciary accountings
- Perform other job related duties as assigned and assist attorneys when needed
SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED
- 5+ years as trust and estate administration paralegal or experience in a closely related field.
- Knowledge of tax and probate accounting software a plus but not required.
- Must have strong accounting and math knowledge and technical skill.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook. Experience with document management systems is a must though experience with FileSite and Elite is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently when/if required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the area of assignment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference for the degree to be in paralegal, accounting, tax or a related field.