Team Administrator (PCT, Immigration)
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax - Immigration
Job title: Team Administrator
Division: Private Client and Tax – Immigration team
Reports to: Departmental Supervisor
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a professional and forward-thinking administration assistant to join the Immigration team within the Private Client and Tax Division at Withers. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
This involves assisting our lawyers and other fee earners in helping them administer their work (including billing and compliance, organisation of their matters), although direct client exposure will be involved and the candidate will have an opportunity to liaise with third party agents and at times the Home Office
The Immigration Team
Currently the team is engaged in a broad range of immigration and citizenship work, from work permits and sponsorship licences, audits, marriage applications, Tier 1 investors and entrepreneurs to applications for British citizenship and passports. We also advise organisations regularly on compliance, illegal working and overall strategies and working practices. The team is active in the sector working with many financial institutions, media companies, start-ups, high net worth individuals and celebrities.
Our key focus is on meeting the needs of our clients who are often international in their lifestyle with demanding needs. Our lawyers have trained at top legal practices and pride themselves on their rigorous legal skills and commercial service delivery to match the best in their field. At the same time, we aim to foster a friendly and accessible culture for all the team of which the chosen candidate will be a crucial part
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Liaising regularly with the Immigration Team and Withers' Accounts Team regarding billing / disbursements, including reviewing billing guides; updating billing and narrative summaries; reconciling credit card expenditure; dealing with third party disbursement only invoices; reviewing draft client bills;
- Assisting with the production of bills using our finance and time recording systems (Elite);
- Preparation of first drafts of Terms of Engagement letters; using electronic file opening; ensuring money laundering is adhered to and requesting necessary documentation;
- Assisting with administration of files and management of deadlines primarily in relation to Home Office applications;
- Dealing with immigration disbursements incurred with third parties, such as translators, Home Office and agents; reviewing bills received to ensure that these are in line with fee estimates and taking responsibility for posting to relevant files;
- Dealing with client and third party billing queries;
- Conflict checks, client matter set up, due diligence and engagement letters;
- File and new matter opening;
- Day to day filing;
- Booking travel;
- Diary management;
- Booking international couriers and tracking
- Keeping InterAction (our client relationship management system) up to date, and produce reports as and when required
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Qualifications required and experience in sector
You will be educated to 'A' level standard and will have developed advanced IT skills.
Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal environment with the ability to use your initiative to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the team.
Skills and attributes
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service
- You will have excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional organisational skills and enjoy paying attention to detail
- Have the ability to use your initiative to adapt, and think laterally
- Experience working in an immigration related environment is not essential but ability to acquire new skills and to understand the importance of the role is
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and goal focussed, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- Technically competent
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must (office-based)
- 12 weeks' probation period
- 4 weeks' notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more.
Withersworldwide have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 51% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
The firm consists of three global legal Divisions: Business; Dispute Resolution and Private Client & Tax. Each Division is headed by a Divisional CEO and Divisional Operating Officer. There is also an overarching CEO of the global firm.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.