Paralegal (International Arbitration)
Fixed Term - Full Time
Dispute Resolution - Arbitration
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, businesses and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on their business, personal and philanthropic needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the leading international law firm for successful people. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage across the world that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
The firm consists of three global legal Divisions: Business; Dispute Resolution and Private Client & Tax. Each Division is headed by a Divisional CEO and Divisional Operating Officer, working with the CEO of the global firm.
We represent a wide variety of businesses, financial institutions and government agencies. As well as acting in contractual disputes, we are known for working in financial services, art and cultural property, equity and fraud, reputation management, insolvency and international trusts. This position will focus primarily on public international law and international arbitration as well as the interface between arbitration and litigation.
With 18 international offices in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia, Withers offers clients from Russia and the CIS global solutions to their business, personal and philanthropic needs. The team coordinates closely with colleagues around the world to provide seamless international services.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Collating bundles for hearings – electronic and hardcopy
- Assist with preparation for hearings
- Electronic and hard copy document management
- Assist with drafting correspondence
- Carrying out legal and business research, due diligence and disclosure
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and proof-reading materials and documents
- Working with the lawyers to prepare fee estimates and pitches
- Managing litigation/arbitration filings and documents
- Management of large-scale litigation and arbitration projects including budget, quality control and timescale
- Setting up project plans and monitoring and updating these
- Managing the collation and preparation of documentation for submission in tender and procurement processes
- Managing complex billing processes including the production of spreadsheets of costs incurred
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with complex legal documents
- Experience / knowledge of public international law and international arbitration
- Strong research skills
- Familiarity with managing billing for a large-scale litigation project
- Familiarity with technology e.g. excel
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong academic record
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Candidates must be fluent/native in Ukrainian or Russian, both verbally and written
- Working hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- This role is a 12 month fixed term contract
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package
For further information, please contact the recruitment team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.